Thursday, April 5, 2018

Reading Notes: More Jataka Tales, Part A

This week I decided to read more of the Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt. The first part was filled with a lot of good interesting stories. One story that stood out to me was “The Red-Bud Tree.” One thing I really liked about this story was the use of the four seasons to represent possible different points of view or to show how through time things change. I plan to use four stages in my own story to represent this, however instead of using seasons and the redbud tree I will use the four stages of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. There will still be four sons like from the original story and they each will see a different stage of the butterfly’s life. These four stages will include egg, larva, pupa, and adult.






 Bibliography: More Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt. link to reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment