Thursday, April 26, 2018

Reading Notes: Francis and Thomas, Jataka Tales, Part A

For this week and next week I plan on reading, Jataka Tales by H. T. Francis and E. J. Thomas. I thought these tales of part A were really cool and interesting. My favorite was the story called "The Oldest Animal," I thought the concept to this story was really neat and it would be cool to use this template to create my own story. I plan on keeping the same theme however I plan on changing the types of animal characters. For instance, instead of a partridge, monkey, and elephant, I'm going to have a tiger, crocodile, and pheasant. And I actually think I will change the plot a little. In my story my animals wont be able to agree on who is the oldest so since they cannot agree they decide to go live in separate areas. The crocodile will inhabit the rivers and swamps, the tiger will be on land in the jungles, and the pheasants will belong to the sky.

Bibliography: Jataka Tales by H.T. Francis and E.J. Thomas. Link to reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment