Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Reading Notes: Rouse. Giant Crab. Part A

This week I decided to read stories from “The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from OLD India.” One Story I really enjoyed was “The Mouse and the Farmer.” This was a strange story and I did not know how it was going to end. In my story I plan to have somewhat of the same theme. The cat in this story was somewhat of a bad guy, In my own story my cat will be replaced by a Cyclops who terrorizes a village and makes them give him all of their food that they have gathered. After some time has past, the village people began to become thin and they cannot gather as much food as they once could. I’m not exactly sure how I will end this story but I want it to end with a twist where the reader is shocked by the end.

Bibliography: The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse with illustrations by W. Robinson. Link to Reading. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sydney! I also decided to read this option for reading for week 12. Overall, I really have enjoyed the Jataka tales and out of all of the reading options I feel like these are the most relatable stories. What do you think? And I think the idea of changing "The Mouse and the Farmer" story to include a cyclops will be awesome! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete