Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Reading Notes: Shedlock. Eastern Stories and Legends, Part A.

This week I decided to read Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie Shedlock. I really enjoy reading numerous small stories because I feel like it gives me lots of inspiration to draw from when I create my own story. The story that stood out to me the most was "The Parrot who Fed his Parents." I really loved the moral or theme to this story. The father bird became to old to continue his job so the son takes over and he helps take care of his parents because they can't take care of themselves. As if the son parrot is paying back his debt, for his parents took care of him when he was a baby bird and could not support himself. In my story I'm going to keep this same story line however I plan to use a different type of animal character. I think I'm going to use lions as my animal type of character. Furthermore, I also liked the use of dialogue between the characters which is something that I'm going to use in my own story.


Bibliography: Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie Shedlock. Link to Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment