Sunday, April 8, 2018

Famous Last Words: Getting Back On Track

This is my last semester here at the University of Oklahoma and it has been pretty hectic. I have not been performing like I would like to in this course. Therefore, this week I created a new assignment strategy that will hopefully get me back on track for this course. For this week I read more of the Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt. I really enjoyed reading these stories because they are easy to read and understand as well as they have a moral or lesson in almost every story. I was unable to write and create my own story this week, but with the help of my new schedule I will helpfully be able to create a cool storytelling. Further, I did a lot of commenting this week and I was able to read a lot of interesting stories. There was one story that was written in a poem form that I thought was really cool. Perhaps I will try to imitate this style of writing in one of my next stories. I have never done a poem format before so it would defiantly be challenging but a lot of fun at the same time. As for my other classes I’m taken this semester they are all going pretty well for the most part. I’m seeing some overlap or similar themes within my Water and Ecological Sustainability class, Evolution class, and my Senior Capstone: Science and Nonsense. Understanding Strange Beliefs and Separate Realities. I have really enjoyed taking these other classes as well as this India Epics course and I couldn’t think of a better way to end my undergraduate career. For next week, I plan on putting my new schedule to the test. I plan to hopefully complete all my assignments for this class on a timely manner. However, next week I have two exams in my other classes so I know I’m going to have to dedicate a lot of time to studying. But hopefully I will be able to find a happy balance between studying for my exams and getting my assignment completed for this class.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sydney! I definitely understand where you're coming from. With just a few weeks left in my undergraduate career, I feel like I'm drowning in things that I have to do so I've really had to step back and give myself a concrete plan. I'm trying to finish up this class within the next couple of days so I can focus on my other classes and their final projects/exams. We'll see how it goes, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sydney! Wow I have never thought about writing in poem form! That is a super unique way to write for this class and I definitely think you will stand out if you try it out. My favorite thing is when some of my classes overlap so I understand what you mean! I think it is pretty interesting/funny when my Management Information System class lines up with my PR research class!

    ReplyDelete