Sunday, April 29, 2018

Reading Notes: Francis and Thomas, Jataka Tales, Part C

In the last week of this course I plan on finishing up the Jataka Tales by Francis and Thomas which includes Part C and D. While reading part C I was able to get abetter understating of the writing style used and the stories were easier to read and seemed to flow much better. I enjoyed reading the story, "The Stolen Jewels." In my own story I plan on having somewhat of a similar plot. Only instead of Jewels such as a pearl necklace, I plan on having a cookie be stolen. I plan on calling my story "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?" And who steals it will actually be the family cat. But, we will have to go through a lot of suspects before we get to that conclusion. For instance, just like in the original story a boy was caught and asked did you steal the necklace and admitted he did but because he did it for the glide master who buts the blame on someone else and this cycle goes on for a while. In my own story I plan on having the same order of events just with different characters Such as the mom asks her son, who blames her sister, then she's blames the dad and so on.


Bibliography: Jataka Tales by H.T. Francis and E. J. Thomas. Link to Reading.

The Cookie Jar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment