Thursday, April 19, 2018

Reading Notes: Shedlock. Eastern stories and Legends, Part C

For this week I did my extra credit reading over Part C of the Eastern stories and Legends by Marie Shedlock. I really enjoyed reading these stories and I feel like many of the stories gave me inspiration for creating my own story. One story that really stood out to me was "Grandmother's Gold Dish." I thought the language used to write this story was sometimes hard to fully understand so when I write my own story I'm going to make the language used more modern. Further, I liked the overall plot and theme of the story and I would want to use that in my own story. However, instead of a golden dish as the valuable object I will make it be a very rare penny worth millions of dollars. Also the setting of my story will be set in modern times with my main character being a young orphan boy who lives with a distant uncle. The uncle will be like the greedy hawker from the original story where as the bodisat from the original story will be represented by the butler who serves the evil uncle.


Bibliography: Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie Shedlock. Link to Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment