Thursday, April 12, 2018

Reading Notes: Rouse. Giant Crab. Part B

I read part B of The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse. I really enjoyed this read and found al lot of the stories interesting and fun to read. One story that really stood out to me was "Silence is Golden." The first thing I really liked about this story was its format. I thought it was cool that the dialogue between the characters for the most part was written in a prose format. I really enjoy dialogue between characters and I try to always incorporate that into my own stories. However, I've never used a poem style of writing for my dialogue which is something I want to try in my next story. Further, I like how the narration was written in a more conventional manner and then their were a few poems thrown in their in the form of dialogue. I also liked the use of animal characters and how the main character was a hybrid between a jackal and a lion. In my own story I plan on having my main character also be a hybrid. Additionally, I liked how the author went into detail about what characteristics of each parent made up the hybrid! I feel like that gave the reader a better picture to imagine.


Bibliography:The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse with illustrations by W. Robinson. Link to Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment