Sunday, April 29, 2018

Reading Notes: Francis and Thomas, Jataka Tales, Part B

For my extra credit reading I went ahead and read the next part of the Jataka Tales by Francis and Thomas. I enjoyed the stories in this section yet sometimes it was difficult to understand some of the content because of the way the stories were written. However, the story "The Brothers and the Treasure" is one that really stood out to me and I felt gave me a lot of inspiration for my own story. For instance, at the beginning of the original story there is this charm that when the planets are arranged in a certain manner and the charm is repeated 7 precious things rain down which include: gold, silver, pearl, coral, catseye, ruby and diamond. In my story I plan on having this same set up only instead of expensive things I plan on having different types of food rain down. For example, when the planets align and the charm is said the following will fall down from the sky: pizza, hamburgers, french fries, gum-balls, reeses, gummy worms, and queso. I plan on making my story very outrageous and humorous, but still somewhat sticking to the plot of the original story.

Bibliography: Jataka Tales by H.T. Francis and E. J. Thomas. Link to Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment