Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Growth Mindset: Thriving

I read the article, "Scientist finds Secret to Thriving" and I really enjoyed it. One thing the article confirmed for me was that to thrive can be as simple as just feeling good and happy about your life along with a sense of being good or successful at something. Further, one new thing that I learned was that while thriving can be done through all age groups, we tend to label the concept of thriving differently as we age. When we are young we are learning and growing. In middle ages people have vitality, focus and mental toughness. Then in the twilight years it seems like people are just happy with any of these labels! Research on this topic is still fragmented but I know that I want to live my life always thriving to learn and stay focussed throughout my entire life. It really fuels us to excel and move forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment