Thursday, March 1, 2018

Reading Notes: Mahabharata, Part B

I really enjoyed reading part B of Mahabharata and I found a lot of stories that I  have drawn inspiration from for my own story. The first story that caught my attention was "The House of Fire." I liked the idea of how Vidura , is the wisest of his two brothers however because his mother was a servant he could not be considered to be king. Even though he would be the most qualified and probably do the best job. I would want to use this same theme in my own story only I plan on setting it in a modern time. For instance, I would have my Vidura character be a women who is one of the top lawyers in a prominent firm located in New York City. And just like the original Vidura character, my character will also be the wisest or best at the job however she will be overlooked for making partner at the firm because she is woman and her competition are two males that went to the same ivy league as the CEO. I also thought that the idea from the original story of how Vidura works for one brother, but he is loyal to the other brothers children was really neat. In my own story I want to incorporate this contrasting theme of personal vs. professional. Further, I plan to have a substantial amount of dialogue between my characters.




Bibliography: The Indian Heroes by C. A. Kincaid. Link to Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment