Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Reading Notes: Babbitt Jataka Tales, Part A

For this week I decided to read Jataka Tales by Babbitt. Part A of this reading was filled with many interesting stories written towards children, so it was a really fun read! I loved the story The Monkey and The Crocodile and decided to use it as my inspiration for when I write my own story. I have heard this type of story before as a child just a different version. Something I really like about this version is all of the dialogue between the characters. It made the story flow very well and is something that I’m going to incorporate into my own story. Also, I like how the small crocodile had to use his wit to try to get what he wants, however the monkey was far more clever and in the end his cunningness allowed him to be free. I want to use animal characters in my story but instead of one animal trying to eat the other I want to create a type of parasitic interaction or one animal holds the other captive. Then through using ones intelligence one animal will succeed. 

Bibliography: Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt. Link to Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment